Sunday, April 21, 2019

Masking-tape and Massages

Howdy y'all! I miss speaking like a Southerner! ;) I had a wonderful week and feel so blessed:

On Monday, we had ward dinner at the church, and they had food catered similar to what they serve at Café Rio. It was good, but the only down side was that it made me slightly sick the next day.

On Tuesday, I had my last Sociology and Writing Within Psychology classes. I also made myself homemade French fries! Yummy. Later that afternoon, I met with one of the guys who had asked me on a date last week and we played pool at the Wilk. I toasted him :). I never even knew I was so good at pool, but I guess I'm a hidden pro! That evening, I went to my very last self reliance class, which was actually a party. We had yummy barbeque pulled-ham and chips (well, other people ate the ham on a bun, and I ate it with chips).


Wednesday was a great day. It was the last day of classes! I didn't have to go to my last two classes, so I was able to go to the Wilk and write thank you notes to my teachers. This even was put on for members of Phi Eta Sigma (which you basically can join if you have good grades). It was great because they even had candy you could stick in the envelopes for you teachers, which is basically bribing them to give you a good grade on the final. Haha, just kidding! I had a really cool opportunity that evening to go clean the Provo City Center Temple from 10pm-12am. It was amazing the detailed cleaning they have us perform--such as dusting the carved etchings on door frames with q-tips. It truly is the house of the Lord.

Thursday was a great study day, since final exams are this weekend. I also went to the temple to do initiatorys, then went to the library to study because I can focus a lot better there than staying at home! Also, they had this little station in the library to take a break from studying and create a masterpiece out of masking tape! So of course I had to stop and make one ;). That evening, I met up with a new guy for a date. We went to this soda place to get drinks, and I just asked for a lemonade, since I didn't want carbonation. However, it was disgusting! I don't know how they ruined it! But we had a good conversation.


I had my first final scheduled bright and early on Friday at 7am! But I didn't actually show up until 7:30am. Fortunately, it wasn't as bad as I was expecting! After finishing, I went home and had lots of time to study for my statistics final tomorrow. I've also been painting a lot! It's very relaxing, especially amid the stress of finals! That evening, I decided to watch a movie, since I'd already spent hours studying and had no homework. I wasn't able to watch the movies I wanted to, but I found this other movie I heard great things about, called A Quiet Place, so I watched that one. But little did I realize how scary it would be! I was terrified!

Saturday was good overall. I had my statistics final at 11am, and I felt pretty prepared, but it was so long! It took me 2.5 hours to complete, but I'm confident that I did pretty well. However, afterwards I was so exhausted so I went home and just painted. I finished the mission flag magnet I was making for Kjetil as a gift, and then I went out shopping with Valerie and got some candy and treats for Easter! I also received a job offer from my Psychology professor to be a Teacher's Assistant in the Fall. I took her up on the offer because the hours will be flexible, plus I can't keep waiting around forever to see if the MTC hires me. It's already been 4 months since I applied the first time! So I'm super excited about that! Then, that evening, I went over to Kjetil's apartment and we made pizza! It was the best pizza I've had since developing my food allergies. He is such an amazing cook! And he gave me a massage for about an hour or so. He is so sweet and thoughtful, and I had a great time. He also like the paintings I gave him :)

  

Easter Sunday was great! We had a wonderful program where students bore their testimony of the Savior, and in between, we had lots of beautiful musical numbers! I was in one of them (since I'm in the ward choir). And Val too!

I feel so blessed all the time and am so grateful for my Heavenly Father and my Savior, Jesus Christ. Today, I felt the Spirit bear personal witness to me of the extreme love that Heavenly Father has for His Son, Jesus Christ. He is so pleased with His life, His sacrifice. And I know that Heavenly Father holds that same love for us. I strive to live my life in a way that He is pleased with me, too. I know that the Savior died, but more importantly, lived again. He lives today and sits at the head of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know He will return soon to the earth, and I am so humbled to be a part of preparing the earth for His coming.

Much love,
Emily Burnham

No comments:

Post a Comment