Monday, November 27, 2023

Thankful for Thanksgiving

 13 November - 26 November 2023

I took off the week of Thanksgiving (Wednesday - Saturday) and it was such a nice stretch to not have any clients or work. I was able to relax and feel peace without any worry of upcoming obligations. I got to spend lots of time watching K-dramas and practicing Korean! Thanksgiving day itself was so peaceful and restful. We played racquetball as a family, ate delicious food (I did not feel left out at ALL for once. Thank you, Trader Joes! I got pie crust, stuffing, and gravy from there, so it was easy to make it all up). On Friday, I got to go with Val to watch the Hunger Games prequel movie. It was so dark and twisted, like how the world would be without God in it. I am so incredibly grateful for an all-powerful, just, and merciful God who will conquer all evil! Saturday night we had the elder and sister missionaries over and it was super fun. I talked with one sister about my love of Korean shows and culture, plus my YouTube channels. Gracelyn was sick on Sunday, running hot with a fever! Her eyes were so groggy and tired, the poor little thing. But yeah, overall, it was a great and relaxing Thanksgiving week! I'm a bit tired starting this week back to regular life/schedule because I kinda ruined my sleep schedule while on break, but it's been okay! I did have a cool experience on Saturday at the temple. I got a Korean name to take through my endowment session, and I felt seen and loved from God. It was so cool since I've been studying hard and practicing! I also had a really good phone call with Lucy. She listened to me and validated me and we talked about things we had in common, and it just made my love for her grow and also made me miss her! But I'll see her in a month!

Much love,

Emily Burnham


Gracelyn stealing Grandpa's ice cubes out of his big bubba and munching on them!!

I made homemade Thai Pad and ate it with chopsticks! I was so proud!

No foundation or makeup, my skin after a couple of weeks of doing a skincare routine:

Lol her hair!!!! XD

Pumpkin and blackberry pies! (I had extra pumpkin puree and crumble topping, so I made two small pumpkin crumble dishes. Delish!

I think I played my best yet!


We had a RS activity and learned how to make a sheet pan of Korean Chicken Rice bowls that were DELISH! Plus, good company :)

No comments:

Post a Comment