Sunday, July 14, 2024

The 4th & Culture Night

 3 July - 14 July 2024

Hola, mi familia! 안녕, 가족이!

Just dropping a few pictures and updates on the last two weeks! What isn't mentioned below is that I am getting a lot of new clients, so my schedule is filling up, which feels like a huge blessing! I am also feeling more competent in my work and seeing more positive outcomes, as well as overcoming my impostor syndrome that was with me for so many months. Also, my dad cut his hand open on a grinder and ended up at urgent care and the hospital on the night of my FHE Korean presentation. It is healing up quite nicely, but it caused him a lot of pain. The culture night for FHE was fun! I think I stayed there for two hours! There were presentations on Brazil, Bolivia, the Baltics, etc. I think people really enjoyed the effort I put into my presentation. Some people enjoyed learning about the Korean alphabet, though most just looked intimidated by it. Some enjoyed using chopsticks while some didn't seem to care to try. But oh well, you can't win over everyone! Even though they should all love Korean culture!!!!! Hahaha. It was still a fun time. I'm being more social at church, trying to get to know more people and help them feel welcomed and loved. I am meeting more therapists and getting more referrals. I feel more supported. Things are going well. My stomach did hurt a few days this week, and I really am going to try to eat healthier and cut out sugar. I really need to do it! So, that's all you really need to know about the past two weeks, besides the stuff I wrote below to accompany each picture:

Fourth of July pizza party at Letti's house! Spent the night helping people make their pizzas and talking with new people!

Prepped my presentation on Korea for FHE culture night!

Sunday night family dinner! Sent this pic to Lu to make her jealous... ;)


Presented on South Korea! Got to teach some people a bit about the language as well as how to use chopsticks. I don't think anyone was as obsessed as me or really understood my obsession, but it's okay.

Went to Emily Gillette's bridal shower and we got to make flower boquets.


Whitney sent me a Scotland postcard! She went to Europe for 15 days!

Selfie with Sean at the lunch-in. AKA his house where he's currently living.

This was taken at the lunch-in after Cody and Carly's sealing in the temple! Lol, Gracelyn isn't even looking, haha.

Lucy did a fabulous job of cheering me up on a sad day. She is so cute and funny. I sure love her a million and am eternally grateful I get to call her my sister.

My text conversations with Hanna have pretty much become all in Korean now! It's been so helpful to be able to learn from a native speaker! It makes me wonder just how quickly I could pick it up if I lived in Korea for a time, fully-immersed!

Much love,

Emily Burnham

No comments:

Post a Comment