Tuesday, July 2, 2024

World's Largest Snickers & Korean Souvenirs

 24 June - 2 July 2024

What is holding me back from accomplishing my dreams? My own self-doubt, insecurity, exhaustion, and anxiety. When my mental, emotional, and physical health is balanced and stable, I am able to go off and explore. Try new things. Make things happen. I'm going to try to write a little more often in my blog, because I definitely noticed a difference in my wellbeing when I cut back how frequently I was writing and reflecting over my life. To be fair, things have been getting better, and one of many reasons is because I've started journaling more in my hardcopy notebooks. But I really do like keeping track of things here as well because then I get to add all the pictures and those are so fun to look back on. Journaling helps me keep things in perspective, express and feel gratitude, notice blessings, etc. Plus, I am a huge verbal processor, which means I need to let it out and make sense of what's going on inside externally, whether that is through talking my mom's ear off (sorry mom, love you!) or writing about it. 

Anyways, this past week was pretty epic! I'll share photos and talk more about the week from each photo. 

I picked up mom and dad from the airport after they spent a week in Utah visiting Lucy, and withing 20 minutes of being home, they were each doing what they do best ;). I sent this "stalker" photo to Lucy and it made her crack up!

Hanna arrived back from her trip to Korea and brought back souvenirs! She was gone for an entire month. She got me a keychain of a cute Korean couple, which I told her was a keychain of me and my Korean husband, which made her laugh. I love how easy it is to make her laugh, and when it really strikes her has funny, she will lightly hit me as she laughs, so yes, I will get swatted for my jokes :). She finds me so cute, and I also just find her adorable. Her sister also sent back a limited edition BTS book as a gift for me, which made me really happy. Hanna took a video of me with it to send to her sister and I spoke a few basic Korean words. I absolutely love how my interest and genuine love for other cultures has brought so many incredible connections and bonds into my life. God is good!



We made snickers at the cooking class Thursday night at the church. It's part of the Gather Place series. We have a chef in the stake who is teaching them. However, the caramel did not set up, so we ended up rolling it into a log and dumping chocolate on top. So instead of making little snickers bars, we made the world's largest snickers!!! The funniest part was that they had bought hole and half peanuts, and I figured it'd be best if they were crushed, so I self-appointed myself the job and got the hammer out of the toolkit in my car and crushed up the nuts, haha!


I've been working on being more social, trying to talk to more people, and I have been spending time taking care of myself and healing, so I am feeling incredibly grateful and blessed.

Much love,
Emily Burnham



No comments:

Post a Comment