Saturday, March 25, 2017

Start a Serious Study


For an essay I had to write in my Book of Mormon class, I read Mosiah 3 (at least) five times. There were so many things that I learned as I looked up key words in the 1828 Webster’s Dictionary, read it in the 1830 edition of the Book of Mormon, searched on bookofmormoncentral.org for articles about this chapter, and viewed how Mosiah 3 has been used in General Conference by vising scriptures.byu.edu. If you ever want to dig deep into the scriptures, there are so many helpful resources out there that will help enlighten your understanding and help you grow closer to God. My favorite verse from Mosiah 3 is verse 7, which talks about the Atonement of Christ:

“And lo, he shall suffer temptations, and pain of body, hunger, thirst, and fatigue, even more than man can suffer, except it be unto death; for behold, blood cometh from every pore, so great shall be his anguish for the wickedness and the abominations of his people.”

I have come to realize more and more each day just how miraculous the Atonement is, and how much I need it in my life. In the Women’s General Conference session today, Linda K. Burton said, “Covenant keeping discipleship requires our willingness to sacrifice.” Life is hard and full of trials and sacrifices, but through this we can become closer to our Savior. Although hardship and sacrifice is required of us, we don’t have to do it alone because of the Atonement of Christ. I have felt God speak to me personally to help lift me up when I’ve had really hard days, and I know He gives me the strength to overcome my weaknesses. I love Him, and I know He loves each and every one of you. You can grow closer to Him as you start a serious study of your scriptures and pray sincerely. Have a happy week!

No comments:

Post a Comment