Sunday, January 5, 2020

Happy New Year!

30 December 2019 - 5 December 2020

What a marvelous break! It was so fun to be home and see my family every day! I ate the most delicious food, binge-watched Harry Potter and tons of other movies, and did fun crafts and games with my family. I truly have the best family and love them so so much!

Monday
Movie watching and games. Also, we did have family home evening!

Tuesday
For New Year's Eve, dad took us all out to dinner at Garcias! Yum yum. Also, mom paid for Sean and me and Val to go to Fat Cats for a combined YSA stake activity. Our cousin Andrew also came! It was actually a really fun night. They had unlimited bowling, mini-golfing, movie-watching, and arcade games. Sean picked to go watch the new Star Wars movie, but Val and Andrew went with me to see Spies in Disguise. I absolutely loved it! Even Valerie, who was a bit skeptical about watching it because it was a cartoon, enjoyed it. Afterwards, we spent a lot of time playing some really fun arcade games. I loved the one where you knock the clowns down with a rubber ball. And I toasted Andrew in the basketball one. :)


Wednesday
We didn't actually do much for New Years day, but we did get to talk to Aaron. Also, Lucy, Val and I made bath bombs! It was tricky, but the second time I did it, it turned out a lot better. I also made an ice skating stocking! It only took me 4.5 hours... :)


Thursday
My mother and I went down to the MVD to get new driver licenses. After arriving, we found out their systems were down, so we just headed home. I filmed some videos for my YouTube channel. Grandpa even helped me with one of them! I hope that one turns out good!! I also went with Valerie and Lucy to Deseret Book, and in return, Valerie agreed to do a video for my channel! She is going to talk about tips to get along with your companion.

Friday
Mom and I drove down to the MVD in Apache Junction, the only one that was open, and waited around to get our new license. Mom was a little frustrated after we got home when she realized that they had put down wrong information on hers, like that she still needed to drive with glasses. I filmed Valerie's video, and then grandpa took all three of us girls out to dinner with him at Red Robbin, where we had yummy burgers and bottomless fries! Wowza, I ate so many fries!! Then we stopped by Katelin Whaley's wedding reception, and I got to say "hi" to Elizabeth again after all these years. I also looked through my baby book that mom made me. She sure is funny!


Saturday
I packed up, washed the bedding, did some cleaning, and ate breakfast. With the help of mom, everything was jammed compactly into my duffle bag and off we were to the airport. For some reason, I thought my flight left at 12pm, so I was there over two and a half hours before the plane took off. Oh well. Miranda picked me up from the airport and took me home. Then my dream vacation was over. Just like that. But this will be a great semester. I went shopping for food and then attended an evening temple session (I was so exhausted though so I had to focus hard on not falling asleep).

Sunday
We have a couple of new people in our ward, and they all seem really awesome! And the two oldest Burton boys from back home are in our ward, so that's exciting! I felt so loved at church with everyone hugging me and asking about my break. After church, I held a Come, Follow Me study session at my place, and then we left for Reconnect. I gave Isaac his late Christmas gift, and he loved it! It was a good (but also tiring) Sunday!

I have a great feeling about this new year. I'm going to meet so many amazing people, have amazing experiences, and learn so much from my classes. I know the Lord lives and loves us. This is the last days and we must fight hard to find joy and peace, to remain strong and righteous.

Much love,
Emily Burnham

No comments:

Post a Comment