Sunday, April 19, 2020

Finishing Finals - Home Free

13 April - 19 April 2020

Time flies when you're super stressed because it's finals week! Haha :) I worked hard this week to overcome my lack of motivation. I finished up all my projects, papers, and exams!

Monday and Tuesday were spent working on my Neuro paper, which was due on Wednesday. I am fairly confident that when I finally finished and submitted it, these words escaped my lips, "Blessed day!"

On Wednesday evening, I got set apart by the bishop for my new calling as the first counselor in the Relief Society. It was so good to see bishop and his wife again in person! Plus it was nice to be there with McCall and Rachel. Afterwards I enjoyed catching up with them. The blessing I received was so sweet and exactly what I needed to hear. I am willing to work hard and serve others in my calling, and I'm grateful for the wonderful sisters that I get to work with.

At work this week, I had Ben try all of my popcorn flavors. His favorite ended up being the white cheddar, though he also liked bacon cheddar. I finished cleaning all of the upholstery and then fixed all the creaky doors in my area, plus a leaky faucet.

So... finals. Yes, I finished them all on Saturday. Bright and early, I went down to the library and studied for a bit before taking my Behavioral Neurobiology exam, and I got an 86%, which is about the score I got from the last exam (after the curve), so I can't complain. I worked hard in that class and will end with either an A- or A, and I am so glad to be done with school this semester! I am definitely feeling burnt out. I watched some movies and also cleaned up around the house and finished my essay exam for my Healthy Sexuality class. I'm home free! Literally, I get to fly home on Monday and see my family!!

This is how I have felt this week about finals:

Social Distancing in the Library (see the caution tape?)

Sunday was marvelous. I attended ward council and Relief Society via Zoom. Afterwards, I went on a 45 minute walk with Lexy around campus and talked with her. I enjoyed hearing how she was doing but was annoyed with myself at the end of the walk to realize we were focused on me again. She is so great at listening and focusing on others, and I really need to work at it because I want to be there for others as opposed to talking about myself all the time. That is something I'm working on. And I am noticing improvement! I love that it's okay not to be great at something as long as you are willing to work hard at it. Hard work beats out lack of skill if you have determination and humility. Afterwards, I met up with one of my coworkers to help him with his reading comprehension. He is from Egypt and is here studying English. It was really rewarding. I loved getting to serve, and I was so happy when he asked me questions about my religion (since he is Muslim). I got to explain what the difference was between a church and a temple.

I've also had a couple of people who have reached out to me this week randomly, including an old coworker I haven't seen in three years! We had a very good phone call and caught up on how life was going. Additionally, I got to meet with my CAPS counselor again, and it was so good. I am so grateful that the Savior puts people in our lives to help us in the moment we need them. I am truly so blessed and I am so excited for the bright future ahead of me!

Spring is here!

I am far from perfect, and I wish I was better, but I am diligently continuing forth in my faith and doing what I know is right. I have hope for a bright future and am progressing forward one step at a time.

Much love,
Emily Burnham


No comments:

Post a Comment