Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Mom's Birthday and Pi Day

 8 March - 14 March 2021

What a joy it was to be home, and oh how fast it flew by! I was able to go to ultimate frisbee with the YSA on Tuesday night with my two brothers. I wasn't very good in the game, but I had an enjoyable time tossing around a frisbee with Aaron on the sidelines (because they had too many players so we had to sit out). I got to spend quality time with Lucy, my mom, and talk with Valerie. She swiped up on guys on my mutual and sent a message to two of the guys, inviting them to come to our house for a game night on Friday. That was such a genius idea that I decided to start doing it back in Provo! I got to help my grandpa work on his puzzle, which he spent SO many hours on each day. My dad fixed an oil leak in my car and changed my oil. We also went on a uni ride together. All in all, I loved being home with my family, and I was always excited to jump out of bed so I could see my family. For our mom's birthday, we played pickleball and then went out for lunch. That evening, Symantha came over and we made pizzas.


I still had work and classes, but they didn't seem as stressful or overwhelming down there, and I think it was because I was surrounded by those I loved and who love me. Coming back home made me a bit sad because I missed my family immediately, but it also sparked a deep desire I have to create a family of my own. I want a family so bad, and I look forward with hope and joy for the time when that desire will be filled. I was surprised by how much my roommates had missed me, but it made me feel good to be missed. On Sunday, I made my first home-made pie ever, and it turned out pretty good. The crust was DELICIOUS! And the filling was a bit runny, but also really good, because it was just raspberries and sugar, basically! Also, I attended our "ward family walk" and a lot of people showed, which was fun!



One spiritual insight I had this week was when reading in Doctrine and Covenants 27:2. The verse talked about it doesn't matter what we use for the sacrament as long as our eye is single to the glory of God. Immediately, these words came into my mind: "It doesn't matter where you go to graduate school as long as your eye is single to my glory." It was like a huge weight was lifted off of me. Any choice I made would be great, as long as the intention behind the choice was righteous.

Much love,

Emily Burnham

No comments:

Post a Comment