Sunday, November 28, 2021

New Beginnings

 22 November - 28 November 2021

I spent some time recreating this game we played in Utah at the Whit's house for FHE, but only two people showed up! So we couldn't play the game I made, since it is designed for a big group. We played some other games, and the funniest part of the night was when I accidentally knocked my hot apple cider onto Jacob's lap! He was chill about it, but I felt bad. On Tuesday, I had an interview for a new job I heard about from a girl in my ward who posted about it on Facebook. It has higher pay than my current job and is a more positive work environment. I went to the interview and got offered the job within 20 minutes. I even secured a job for Lucy if she wants it! It was a two-for-one special ;). I feel so excited about it, and a weight has been lifted off of my shoulders. Even though I will be working full-time, which will be harder to juggle with school, I will be making much more and will be able to pay my way through school without borrowing any money from my parents! I went shopping and got some garments and Christmas presents from DI and DB (Deseret Book). 

Thanksgiving on Thursday was great. I made pumpkin pie in the morning, which looked beautiful. We had the sister missionaries over for lunch, but the turkey took an extra hour than expected to be done, so we had to wait. We spent the time playing the game I'd created for FHE! Everyone enjoyed it. Mom made gluten-free pumpkin rolls too (since one of the sisters who came was gluten-free). Yum! 




On the weekend, dad helped me to find a new phone, which I got this weekend. A galaxy S20, like Lucy. Grandpa Louis is buying my old phone. I made a bunch of toothpowder--seriously, it is SO much better than toothpaste! I am going to give some away as a Christmas gift.

I got to teach Relief Society today, which is always a blessing for me. I love the opportunity to seek revelation for the sisters and focus on Christ and invite the Spirit. I got a nice note afterwards from a sweet sister who thanked me for my lesson that touched on things she needed spiritually and thanked me for my example.

Much love,

Emily Burnham

No comments:

Post a Comment