Monday, April 18, 2022

Happy Easter!

 11 April - 17 April 2022

The beginning of this week was a bit daunting for me. I got a father's blessing on Sunday in preparation for starting school on Monday. I was a bit worried about how I could fit everything into my schedule this week, because I'm taking three classes, and work is at its busiest time yet, with the tax deadline a week away. But after the priesthood blessing, I became kind of excited, because I knew as I put God first, He would carry me through the week. I took the opportunity to view this week as a time when I would get to see the hand of God in my life by exercising faith and feeling Him carry me. And I did! On Tuesday, I helped clean the temple from 8:45pm to about midnight. Even knowing I had work the next morning, I didn't complain about being out late, because I was grateful for the opportunity to serve in the house of the Lord. And I had a grand time! I was partnered with Rachel from my YSA ward, and we helped one of the ladies clean ALL the bathrooms in the temple. That's 17, if I remember correctly. I was in charge of mirrors and dusting and re-stocking. As we went along, Hermana Reyes would stop and point out all of the new artwork, which was absolutely stunning. There were a few that really touched my heart. She was fun and a joy to work with.

On Wednesday evening, I left straight after work to go to the Easter Pageant and save seats for my FHE group. I packed snacks for lunch and didn't pack a dinner... oh well. I was there 2.5 hours early and managed to grab seats 16 rows from the very back... there were 9,000 seats total, so the seating wasn't all the great. But oh well. I was worried if everyone was going to show up and find me, and while not everyone I was expecting to come came, all the seats I saved were filled up by YSA, and one YSA thanked me for saving the seats. I was glad to be of service. The Easter pageant was good, though it was hard to fight the annoyance of the man sitting in front of me, blocking my view by sitting way on the left side of his seat. It was so frustrating, especially after how long I had waited, and to have such a terrible view, but I tried to focus on feeling the Spirit, and some of the scenes really touched me and I felt the Spirit of God and such gratitude for my Savior.

Thursday night, I attended institute and had a grand ole time. There were lots of treats and snacks that I partook of that I wish I hadn't partaken of... I need to go back on my eat-nothing-but-vegetables-and-meat diet. I felt a lot better on that diet. But my taste-buds are WEAK and want sugar. I had to finish up my homework when I got home, which I did with EIGHT minutes to spare before the deadline. I had absolutely ZERO time to do homework at work, but I'm hoping that changes next week!

On Friday, Valerie hosted an Easter-themed game night, and everyone had a blast! We played outdoor games and even had an Easter hunt! 

On Saturday, I had to go in to work. It was my last Saturday working in the office!! After, I went shopping and then went home and took a short nap. We left to the Watkins family party at Craig's house. Wow, family drama galore. So many people are anxious, stressed, snappy messes. I'm grateful to live in a much more uplifting environment.  But my favorite part was playing with the cute kiddos, pushing them on swings, giving them thumbs-up, encouraging them to go down the slide. After, we went to Briesa's sister's wedding reception and weren't needed to help after all, so we got to leave early. Andrew stopped by to say hi because he missed seeing us at the Watkins' party, and it was good to see him and catch up a bit.

Sunday was marvelous. I felt absolutely gorgeous wearing my new dress I found in my Easter basket. This was the first Easter I've got to spend with family in 3 to 4 years! We took lots of cutesy pictures after church. I helped clean up the house when I got home from church, which mom was so grateful for, and dinner was yummy. I love my family. I love spending time and doing things with them.






Much love,

Emily Burnham

No comments:

Post a Comment