Tuesday, May 23, 2023

Silly String War

 15 May - 21 May 2023

Wow, just one more week (basically) left of the month, then summer is officially here... though it feels like it's already prime summertime. It's been getting in the high 90s, and I know it only has hotter to go... and I'm not ready for it (insert bawling emoji here). But I'll survive, I guess. On Monday, three of my four clients canceled, so I actually had a lot of unexpected free time, and I started working hardcore on starting up my social media platforms! I watched a video about how a therapist created a channel and makes a lot of her income from that, so she doesn't have to worry about her income dipping when clients cancel on her or when she takes maternity leave. Plus, she says she then has an audience to buy her "products" (such as courses or books) AND people offer her speaking gigs, which are two aspects I would absolutely love to get into. So, I created and linked my Instagram, Facebook, Youtube, and TikTok and started working on content. I've actually been investing a good chunk of time into it, and I hope I achieve or surpass my goals of subscribers and making a difference in the world. I'm really just throwing myself out there and hoping good things happen! Monday night, we had FHE silly string war, and it was pretty fun! I got some gnarly bruises from running into the stacks of hanging chairs.


On Wednesday, I got to meet with my first family! Anddd... it was a family of seven! I had an absolute blast and left feeling hyped and so good. I decided I really enjoy working with families and want to do that a lot more than individuals and maybe even couples. It was so fun joining with the dynamics of the family, and there was so much to pull from because of all their interactions with each other.

Caught my parents matching again!!
This little cutie is getting so big! She's poppin' lots of teeth! Still loves to eat everything!

Friday night, I went to teach a lesson with the missionaries to Kimberly. They were really grateful for my input and testifying, saying I had some really great questions and brought a good spirit. It's just so fascinating how I really have improved in reading people, knowing what to ask them and how to ask them questions to help them open up and explore their thoughts and feelings. 

I went to the temple Saturday morning and then to a baptism. That night, I attended our ward pool party but didn't swim. Just socialized for a bit and hung around the pool. I've been super tired this week, my best guess is from my diet, so it's been hard to be more upbeat and social and aware when I'm feeling foggy and drudgy. 


Sunday, I attended an 8:30am meeting for my new stake calling, so yay for that. It was good, though, and I got some things done when I got home. We had the most delicious linger longer after church--taco bar. Then I helped with dinner because mom wasn't feeling good and needed to lay down.

Best,

Emily Burnham

No comments:

Post a Comment