Tuesday, October 10, 2023

Petting Zoo, Japanese Festival, & Soccer Game

 2 October - 8 October 2023

This past week was a really good one! Monday night was a carnival FHE activity with a petting zoo! I got to hold an adorable baby kitten!! And pet an alpaca, though that animal was not very friendly. When I got home from work on Tuesday, I had a bad headache, so I went to sleep and just woke up for tithing settlement that evening, then ate dinner and went to sleep. On Wednesday, I saw some clients and had a pretty awesome therapy session with a couple that evening. I love it when the spirit is so palpable in the room and I'm speaking from a place of compassion and love and challenge. On Thursday, I came home from work with a headache again. I think it's because of all the loud noises and smells of the ink. On Friday, my clients canceled, so I just had a couple of meetings to attend, and then I spent all of Friday afternoon filming videos for my YouTube channel. It kind of is a lot of work, especially when you do a lot of it at once, but I'm hoping it'll be so worth it in the long run. Already, I've had a couple of clients/potential clients say that watching my videos is what drew them to me. So that's pretty cool, I guess. Friday night, I attended the scary movie night, but it wasn't as relaxing and chill as the previous weeks, but that's okay. It was still enjoyable overall. Saturday morning, I went to help clean the church, and Zoey invited me to attend a Japanese festival with her, so we went that afternoon! I got sun burnt from waiting in such a long line to get in! That evening, I went with some girls in the ward and my sister to a soccer game, and I was able to talk with one of the girls, Whitney, and we really bonded and had such a great talk. It was very insightful and healing, and I'm so grateful that God puts people in my path to help me on my journey. Sunday was a long and tiring day, but so fulfilling! It was fast Sunday, and we had a baptism and linger longer after. I made pumpkin bread for the linger longer, then went to ward choir, then attended church, then the baptism was an hour after that, then the linger longer was another 40 minutes. But I'm so happy Sky got baptized! She is so cool and I'm excited to get to know her better. And there were quite a bit of gluten-free treats at linger longer, so I quickly got a sugar rush since I've been limiting my sugar. But it was super awesome! Then Sunday night, I attended a game night at Jessica's house, and it was a pretty big turn out and was a lot of fun! It was a fun-filled weekend and a great change of pace from feeling lonely and disconnected. I've even felt more connected to Bishop and he greets me more warmly than he used to, which I'm so grateful for. He gave a closing prayer at our tithing settlement and it brought me peace and such joy, and when I got into my car after, I wrote down some of the things he had said that had touched me. So, all I can say is that God is aware of me and actively blessing me with amazing people. He has turned my heartache into bonding and healing with others. I am filled with gratitude to know my purpose, my identity, and to be able to share and uplift those around me.

Much love,

Emily Burnham







No comments:

Post a Comment