Tuesday, December 26, 2023

Merry Christmas!

 18 December - 25 December 2023

Some highlights from the past week include... playing pickleball with Andrew, Valerie, and Porter after FHE! FHE was a white elephant gift exchange, and I got a giant pack of ramen noodles, which I regifted (along with the pooping dog calendar) to my brother Sean, who seemed to like the gifts! Saturday morning, I had a great time in the temple morning because I got to be sealed in behalf of two Korean girls to their parents, and then one of the ladys in the room was also an MFT, so we talked for a bit after, then I got to see Val and Porter in the celestial room! Saturday afternoon, I went to As You Wish Pottery with Valerie, Lucy, and Porter. Us girls made cute little tea cups, but I'll have to upload the pictures next week because they'll be ready for pick up sometime this week. Christmas eve dinner was delicious! We had tamales, chili, and nachos! Christmas day, Valerie officially got engaged to Porter! We had our Christmas lunch with three sets of missionaries and played the "sounds" game. The morning was really relaxing because we got to sleep in, then watch the Christ child and eat a yummy breakfast! I have been eating too much junk food and sugar lately, but I enjoyed it while it lasted, and now I'm on to a healthier diet. Some of my highlights of the past week were sitting in my room on my cozy chair, wrapped in a blanket, eating yummy treats, while watching a Kdrama! I am continuing to slowly and surely study the Korean language. Also, I joined a little exercise group at the gym consisting of Cindy and Hana. Hana is from Korea but moved here 25 years ago. Cindy is a temple worker, so it's fun to see her at both places. We work out our leg muscles, and I've been getting super sore from it, which is a good thing I guess. Lucy has also been super excited to see Gracelyn! She sure missed that little thing while she was away at college! 


On our way to As You Wish Pottery.

Christmas Eve selfies with the Dad

Plus the Lu

And Seany Sean Sean

We played a Jack Box game that was pretty funny!

I'm excited to dig into my new Christmas presents to further my studies in Korean!

Mom went on a shopping spree for clothes for the babe. She looks French in that hat!! Haha, she is sooo cute! We all adore her.

Much love,

Emily Burnham

No comments:

Post a Comment