Sunday, November 24, 2019

God Has a Plan

18 November - 24 November

Hey oh hey, what a wonderful day (week)!

I have had a lot of good things happen this week! No music class on Monday! Whitney went with me to institute on Tuesday, and we had a good talk afterwards! On Wednesday, I performed my music solo, "Caro Mio Ben" (a song in Italian) and did a great job. I could see how proud my teacher was of me! That evening, Isaac from the ward came over to help me edit the Plan of Salvation video that was just posted today. I was so excited about it! I was literally jumping for joy all around my apartment :)

Two of the missionaries who taught me this week

I've had some great lessons with the missionaries (and some not so great lessons) this week. I've cried and laughed! Seriously, one set of elders told me jokes every time before they started the lesson. It was GREAT! Why do ghosts love to take the elevator? So their spirits can be uplifted! Also, I ran into an elder that I met when I was a missionary! I had dinner a few times with his family, so it was so fun to see him and send a picture to his mom!

Elder Reynolds from Tallahassee, FL

I've also been filming people this weekend. I'm so excited for my roommate Katie's video to be posted soon! She is literally the cutest and has brought me so much joy! She is so kind, thoughtful, giving, and Christlike. God knew what I needed in a friend when he sent her and her sister to be our new roomies this semester!

I was a bit overwhelmed this weekend with the sheer amount of work I need to finish before I fly home for Thanksgiving break next Tuesday. On Saturday, I was so stressed, but I ended up sitting in the celestial room after work for a bit to say a prayer of gratitude. Every time I wanted to ask for something, I stopped and rephrased it to be something I was grateful for. After that prayer, I felt the so loved and full and peaceful and joyous. I just sat there and soaked in all the good feelings for a while, then read a bit in the New Testament before going home to finish an assignment (that literally took me 3 hours...). But I did it! And I'm on track to get everything done before break so that I can enjoy time with my family :) Just have to keep working hard.

We used random things (like this potato!) to create stamps in art class!

Drawing I did of my skates for Art Education Class

I know that my Savior lives. I strive to follow the Spirit and help others. I had the special opporutnity to cry with a friend today that was in need. I was able to be there for her and offer encouragement and love. But I am far from perfect. When it's late at night, my filter disappears and I let my annoyance show (like at ward prayer... yikes...). But God loves me. Imperfections and all, God loves me and is so proud of me. He knows I have righteous desires and that I am working so hard to follow the promptings I recieve from the Spirit. Afterall, I've put in so many hours to this YouTube channel thing that I'm doing, and the fruit is very small. But I'm trusting in God and trying my best to be a light in the lives of others. Have a happy Thanksgiving and don't gobble til you wobble! ;)

Much love,
Emily Burnham


No comments:

Post a Comment