Sunday, November 1, 2020

A Harry Halloween

 26 October - 1 November 2020

So, on Tuesday, I did something pretty stupid (but I didn't realize that until hindsight). I decided to get a mutual (again...) and to swipe up on all of the boys. Then I could sort through the ones that actually messaged me. But little did I know that in less than two days, I would have 102 boys messaging me! And most of them were definitely not my type. But on the bright side, I have a couple dates lined up for next week!

School has been difficult because it's mostly online. I am losing my patience with this whole "world pandemic" thing because of all the missed opportunities that have resulted and continue to result. I'm just trying to get through to Thanksgiving. It'll be nice to go home and get fattened up by my mom's regular (and delicious) meals. You'd think I'd know how to feed myself regularly after 22 years of life, but such is college life.

Friday afternoon, I went over to a friend's house to help her with her makeup and hair. Then I took her on a photoshoot at Bicentennial Park, which was very beautiful! That evening, I met up with a guy on mutual at that same park and we walked and talked. It was good to get to know someone else and put myself in their shoes. When I got home, I made cookies. I was meeting up with friends to have a bachelorette party for a girl who had previously been in the ward. I needed something to do to keep me awake while I was waiting for 10:30 to roll around. We went to Heart and Seoul Karaoke on Center Street, and it was pretty fun!

On Saturday, I went over to help Whitney decorate her apartment for a bit. We had a Harry Potter themed Halloween party in the evening. Just that morning, I'd searched for costume ideas and decided to dress up as Bellatrix Lestrange. I must say, it was quite fun to get ready. I twisted, curled, and sprayed the crap out of my hair. Everyone could tell who I was trying to be, so that was a success! The decorations were super cool, and we started with a "feast" in the "Great Hall" followed by some dancing and games. We even had a Harry Potter meme-making contest. I had a lot of fun.




Sunday was very good. I felt the Spirit during my scripture study and during the testimonies that were born at sacrament meeting. I am far from perfect, and I am so amazed at Heavenly Father's love and patience with me. After church, I got to socialize with some others in the ward for a bit. I went home and took a fat nap. Then I drove to Alpine to have dinner with the Mask family! The food was absolutely delicious, and it was so natural to talk with them and feel the spirit in their home. Their house was absolutely gorgeous, and I could feel the love and Spirit in their home. I'm grateful for the people that God places in our lives to strengthen us. My roommate had this beautiful crown, and it reminded me that we are all royalty, sons and daughters of a Heavenly King.

I have made a lot of mistakes--something that I am becoming increasingly aware of--but I still have hope through Jesus Christ that all can be made right. I know that peace can come from the Savior. Just as He spoke "Peace, be still" to the raging water, he can speak those same words to calm our raging hearts. I have felt that. I know that Jesus Christ lives. He is real. He is coming sometime soon. And I can't wait to see His face and witness firsthand his love and power.

Much love,

Emily Burnham

No comments:

Post a Comment