Sunday, December 20, 2020

Finally Finished Finals!

14 December - 20 December 2020

Monday: I worked hard and finished my USU essay and completed my application. I hope it is submitted (I didn't see a "submit" button, but it said it was complete, so... oh well). 

On Tuesday, I studied pretty much all day for Abnormal Psychology and then took my exam that afternoon. I did better than I thought I would! On Wednesday, I studied all day for Positive Psychology and Basic Mediation, but I didn't feel ready to take either, so I just studied.

Thursday: In the morning, I took both of my exams and finished them up by around noon. Then I felt so free! I was officially done with finals! But then I remembered all the papers I still need to grade for work, and spent a couple hours doing that. That evening, I went with Lucy to her voice lesson to practice the song we would sing on Sunday, The First Noel. Valerie had planned a bonfire that evening, so when we got home, we joined in for some games, but I left early because I was worn out (and didn't like the game we were playing).

Friday: I spent a lot of the day grading papers for APA errors (which I don't even get paid for, but it's fine. At least it's over.) That evening, I made the grampster-hamster dinner, and he was so happy about it! Then Heidi and Doug came over with Andrew and Zeb. We played Skull King with them and had a great time. Heidi played the song we would be singing on Sunday at church to help us practice, but she was kind of making Lucy and me stressed with all her comments about us not doing it right and the accompanist not having enough time and blah blah blah, but at least Lucy and I got better at harmonizing together!

Saturday: In the morning, I had heart-burn (acid reflux) so that was not fun. I got lectures about eating healthier (I promise I really do eat better when I'm living on my own AND I'm not exposed to so much cross-contamination. Plus, you know, it's the holiday season with lots of treats and goodies... But yeah, no more. I need to watch what I eat and make sure I take good care of this body of mine. Lucy, Mom, and Val went with me to Sweeties Candy shop by Alma School. We picked up a scorpion sucker for my friend Braeden to try (he said he would eat it if I gave it to him). We had a fun time looking around the shop. Then we stopped by Ross afterwards because Lucy wanted to get a new outfit to wear for singing tomorrow in church. We went and didn't find anything. I did find this adorable winter jacket that I really wanted, but it was a size too small. We left and went home. A couple hours later, I took Lucy to a Ross that was further away to look for something, and that Ross had the same winter jacket in my size! Only it was more pricey than I thought... but I got it. It will hopefully last me many years! Also, Lucy found a dress that she really liked, only it needed a cardigan because it didn't have sleeves. Ross didn't have anything, so we went all the way to Walmart and found something. Lucy was so happy, and she looked super cute in it! Soon after getting back home, we left to go to voice lessons with Lucy's teacher and learned that everything Heidi told us was pretty much wrong and that we could do it our own way. Sarah recorded us and sent it to Emily Sanchez (our pianist) and said we would be great, that she would be there to hear us and that she would pray for us.

Sunday: Lucy and I sang in sacrament meeting today. Lucy was SO nervous that I couldn't even be nervous. She was nervous enough for the both of us. Her voice cracked a bit at the beginning, and she was so self-conscious about that, but I held her hand and reassured her with smiles and nods and hand-squeezes. After that, we finished strong, no mistakes! Everyone seemed very touched and said they loved the show of support and love between us. This afternoon, I worked a bit on the book I'm writing for Lucy as a Christmas present. Now I have five days left to finish a novel! Yikes! I don't have any other Christmas gift ready to give her, and she is definitely expecting a book, so I just have to finish it! Even if it has a crappy ending or gets cut short (then I can finish it for reals later) but I need to have some sort of ending!

Much love,

Emily Burnham

No comments:

Post a Comment