Sunday, February 20, 2022

Good Things to Come

 14 February - 20 February 2022

What a joyous week! First off, this week in the month is my best. I'm most energized and happy. Also, in addition to continually focusing on Jesus Christ, I have noticed my social life is improving, and I have so much to look forward to this year! Not only am I attending FSY (which I still don't know where I'm going yet, but it could be anywhere in the country!!!), I have my two residencies happening this year. The first one takes place in Orlando, Florida... TWELVE MINUTES FROM HARRY POTTER WORLD!!! You can't be 12 minutes away and NOT go... So I've decided I'm going. Yup, this girl here is going to Harry Potter World. Plus, then I'm going on a cruise to the Bahamas!!! Also, this isn't public news yet (but who really even reads this besides those who already know??)... I'm going to be an Aunt this year! Aw yeah!!! So many things to look forward to. Now, let's get on to talking about my week...

Monday for FHE, we were combined with another ward and went to a rich person's back yard and did country dancing. I basically asked the guys I knew in my ward to dance, so I actually had a great time! I just told them that if they wanted to dance, they should ask me. Genius, because then I actually got asked to dance! Valerie was dying from her allergies though, so we left early. 

I worked hard this week and did good getting homework done. There was one incident at work this week with an unhappy client who was demanding certain things and wouldn't leave, so my boss had to call the cops on him. 

On Friday evening, I went to Cassidy's house for Come, Follow Me. Jessy and Elizabeth also came! So that was a fun girl's night. The best part was how dedicated Cassidy was to not wasting a drop of the spilled Martinelli drink!

Saturday was Sean's birthday. They went out to dinner, then we opened presents when he got home. Me and Lucy got him a wireless mouse. 

On Sunday, Valerie and I attended an evening devotional. It was good and caused me to ponder about why God sent me to earth that THIS specific time, and what plan He has to use my unique talents and skills in this day and time. Afterwards, I talked to a cute boy who had moved into our stake a couple weeks ago! I didn't chicken out and took the opportunity. On our way out from the church building, this old lady pulls up next to us and calls out if we can help her because she is lost. Turns out she was newly set apart as a senior missionary sister, and she was on the way to the airport to pick up her granddaughter. Funny thing is, she was only three minutes away and on the right track until she pulled into the church driveway. We explained to here where to go, and she did not look confident, and rambled on about her life and stuff. Finally she said, "I just wish you could get in here and go with me!" as she pointed to her passenger seat. The though barely came into my mind before I said, "Why don't we lead the way in our car, and you can follow behind us?" She exclaimed, "Oh, would you?!" So Val and I got to do a little bit of service for a cute, lost old lady.

I feel the Spirit touching my life often this week, filling me with hope of a bright future and perspective that life is hard but wonderful. I am sent to the earth at this specific time, and the Lord has a work for me to do. His timing is perfect, though it may be ten or twenty years or a life time until I see why he needed me at this time with my unique skill set. I love my Savior and love following Him. He brings me joy.

And, to end my week, here is a cute/funny picture of my parents, whom I love dearly.

Much love,

Emily Burnham

No comments:

Post a Comment