Sunday, October 9, 2022

Baby Blessing of Gracelyn

 3 October - 9 October 2022

Last evening for CFM, we had a great turn out, and I asked Jasen if he could play pickleball with me and my friend and her date. I also invited him to play racquetball with me and my siblings, so we are going to play this next week on Wednesday. 

On Monday, we had a crazy rain storm. It took down an electrical wire from the power lines and it landed across our driveway and across Valerie's car! We lost power for a couple of hours. I got Costa Vida for dinner because everyone else was ordering pizza, and I couldn't cook anything with the power out. We went to FHE and played General Conference trivia, and I rocked all the questions about what color ties people were wearing because Lucy had to guess what they'd be, so I was paying extra attention to that.

I've been training my replacement this past week, and it's been both good and taxing. She is very kind and capable, and I've been battling my own insecurities of what I'm going to do for the next couple of months now that there are two of us, and thinking they will like her more than me. But whatever. I recognize those are normal thoughts that I don't need to give more power to in my life.

Tuesday, I went to the doctor's and scheduled a blood test for Friday to get my blood drawn and tested. I also had my tithing declaration meeting with Bishop Rollings and ate a bunch of his chocolates from the chocolate jar... hehe. That man gets me because he said that a meal doesn't feel complete unless you eat a little chocolate after it! Thursday night, Val and I watched Hocus Pocus in preparation for seeing the new one that came out.

On Friday night, I went to the Keadle's house to celebrate Brother Keadle's birthday, and they fed us dinner! I enjoyed going and talking and eating. Afterwards, Val and I went home to watch Hocus Pocus 2 and mom and dad joined us on the couch to watch it. Mom loved it! It was pretty good.

On Saturday evening, I noticed how hard it was raining and pouring outside, so I called Grandpa Jim to see if the old man was snoring. He was not amused by my phone call. Oh well, I thought it was hilarious! Fortunately, our power did not go out again.

School is starting up, and my prayer and hope and fast is that I'll have the strength and motivation to do well and succeed in my courses. I'm also finalizing things for my internship. I'm striving to have deeper and intense scripture studies. I'm also enjoying spending time with others and building relationships better. I'm enjoying spending time and serving my family members and loving on them.

Gracelyn's blessing was great. Aaron did a great job blessing her to be healthy, to stay close to the Savior, to have unconditional love for others and serve them, and to walk the covenant path and be married in the temple one day. She looks a little grumpy and tired from all the attention she got. Her little eyebrows were furrowed and she was crying a bit when we were taking the group picture.



Much love,

Emily Burnham

No comments:

Post a Comment