Monday, November 28, 2022

Thanksgiving Week!

 21 November - 27 November 2022

Oh boy, oh boy! It is good to be home! Some crazy things happened this week! I saw Shaquille O'neal at the Chicago airport (yes, I did NOT recognize him, but my friend Erika did and freaked out when he walked by a foot away from us)! We did manage to get a photo of the back of him! When I got to Phoenix in the evening, it took FOREVER for my family to get through traffic to pick me up because everyone was flying down for Thanksgiving I guess, and it was CRAZY PACKED! But I finally got home around 10pm, and cute Lucy had decorated my door for me and wrote me a note that she really appreciated all I did for her.


Trying to get my fingerprint card has been a NIGHTMARE! It's seriously the worst. I show up at the place, which said they take walk-ins, and they not only are by appointment only, but they stopped servicing for the government three days ago! While I was in Chicago! All they said was, "Sorry. Request a refund somehow and reschedule through their new provider." Wow. Thanks. Then I rescheduled, and then they cancel my appointment the day of! With no explanation. And this is all after never hearing back from the government on the website after I paid the $68 fee and had to reach out to them multiple times, waiting in a call line for an hour, only for it to hang up on me, so I had to keep trying. It has literally been SO annoying, and I really really really REALLY hope it works out next week and I can be done with it all! Or if not, I guess I'm just never going to work with children... :(. And I still need to get scheduled for CPR certification. Wow. Fun. Hooray. :(

But! On a more positive note, Thanksgiving was awesome! Yummy food, great time with the fam. I've got to hold Gracelyn a lot this past week, and wow she is getting so big and heavy! She really loves me though. You can tell by all the smiles she gives me :D. Mom, Dad, Aaron, and Brie (and baby) left for the Sand Dunes in California after Thanksgiving lunch, so Val, Lucy, and I planned a girl's day on Friday. We played pickleball, went to the movies to see Lyle, Lyle, Crocodile, then went out to Zupas for lunch.







On another positive note, I started filming and posting YouTube videos again! I hope to keep it up. I have gotten some really nice feedback lately from random people, and I'm excited to see where it can take me as I continue to bear testimony and focus on Jesus Christ. I looked super cute on Sunday and had a great time at church. I got quite a bit of compliments on how radiant and happy I seemed, and on my baby blue dress. Also! I finished watching Merlin this week and just cried and cried at the end, but it was also really good, but also a bit of a let down, but also okay enough that I felt it had a wrapped up ending. My heart just breaks for Merlin and I love his character so much!!!

I forgot to mention that I went to a bonfire with Val Wednesday night. It was eh. Too dusty! I had a hard time breathing. But it was still fun and better than sitting at home that evening doing nothing ;).


Movies and lunch! Sistas = friends for ever!

Anyways, much love,

Emily Burnham

No comments:

Post a Comment