Monday, May 25, 2020

Burning an Organ

18 May - 24 May

Hey y'all! This week has actually flown by pretty quickly. It was a pretty lit one ;)

Instead of giving you the usual day-to-day run down of things, I'm going to just give you the highlights. (That's what you're most interested in anyway, right?) Besides, nobody wants to hear about the hours I spent vacuuming, taking out trash, calling people, conducting research, and who knows what else that I did for work ;)

On Tuesday, I was able to babysit the Nixon kids and help them with school work. Some days can be a little crazy, but I really enjoy being with the kids. Plus, I get to revive my hair-styling skills!


I spent many hours this week on a piano at the church... and it was great! I am so close to finalizing the piano part of my song. Honestly, I'm just trying to get good at singing and playing it at the same time.

Also, I downloaded the mutual app and have been chatting with a guy this week. Well how else are you supposed to meet any guys during a global pandemic when you're in lock down? Yup, an online dating app. We are most likely going to do something this week, so stay tuned! I'm super excited :)

I went to a bonfire Saturday night. The main source of fuel? A baby organ. No worries, it was broken beyond repair and so old! It was a sight to behold as the flames demolished it! I took my best friend Whitney with me, and we had an enjoyable time, even though we both were stuck there way later than we would have liked (it's no bueno when the people you carpool with are total night owls and so you don't get home until 12:30am). Yeah. But oh well, apparently socializing is important, so... ;)




Sunday
My roommate sung a musical number for our ward devotional this morning with her ukulele and it was very cute. I am so grateful for the Spirit of God, for the individual guidance He gives me. I am grateful for the hope and joy that makes sacrifice worth it. I am grateful for the covenants I made at baptism and the help I receive in keeping them. I am also so grateful for the Savior. Because of Him, our past mistakes, no matter how foolish, are covered. He extends mercy and helps rectify the mistakes we make that we cannot fix alone. I love Him.


Much love,
Emily Burnham

No comments:

Post a Comment