Sunday, July 5, 2020

4th of July

29 June to 5 July 2020

I worked early morning custodial for the first half of the week. I got my boss to agree to have me film him for my YouTube channel, so that's exciting! Also, I am so grateful for the support and resources that are available to help me as I need it. It's been a hard couple of weeks, but I have so much hope for the future. Things will get better, and I can learn and grow through the grace of Jesus Christ to better deal with my trials.

 On Thursday I babysat 3 three-year-olds for 3 hours. Oh what fun. Yikes, I realized that I need to be in shape so when I'm a mom, I don't die playing with or chasing around all my kiddos. They wore me out, and while I was driving home, I almost didn't see a big dumpster truck that was pulling out. Wow, I'm so grateful that God watches out for me and that I'm still alive!

I've also been re-reading The Continuous Atonement by Brad Wilcox and have cried so much. It's just what I need to hear again. God is so good. So merciful. One of the greatest and most merciful things I learned this week from my personal studies was about how the fall of Adam and Eve introduced sin and sickness into the world, and it's not my fault that I have to deal with mental and physical health challenges. God will have so much mercy for me, for all of us, because of the struggles we go through that are not our fault. He has so so much compassion and understanding, and it just brought me so much relief as I was filled with the Spirit and with God's love.

I had the opportunity to serve my companion, driving her to work at 11pm on Friday night. It was much further than I thought, but she was having a rough night and the person that was going to drive her was MIA. We had a good discussion and I'm glad I was able to go outside of my comfort zone and help her out.

Saturday
I'm so excited because I went to Saver's (a thrift store) and bought a fun board game called "Beyond Balderdash." I think I really love bluffing games or something! My grandma has the original game, but this one adds four other categories to spice things up with, so now I can't wait to host a game night and play it with friends! To celebrate the 4th of July, I went over to my friend Whitney's and we had a potluck with a bunch of friends who are in her ward. I went home early to try to capture some cool pictures of the fireworks. It was a bit harder than expected, especially because I didn't have the best vantage point, but it was good practice changing my aperture and shutter speed to try and capture the beauty of the fireworks.



Sunday
Today was good! Well, it was hard to get up in the morning after such a late night with lots of junk food that had been consumed the night before... but, I did make it to church on time, so that's all that matters! My two roommates, Lily and Susan, sang The Star Spangled and it was really good! Dang, they can sing HIGH! I filmed a friend in my ward, Tyler, for my YouTube channel, and then when I went home, I decided to study my scriptures outside by the waterfall south of BYU campus. It was super peaceful. I took a pretty fat nap in the afternoon, then went to a friend's house for Come, Follow Me and am writing this while they are watching good ole Johnny Lingo. And yes... I admit that I may have cried at the ending... hehehe. After a not so great fourth, I'm glad that I had a great fifth. Each day is a new day, a fresh start to come unto Christ and be closer to Him. I love Him, and I need Him.

Much love,
Emily Burnham

No comments:

Post a Comment