Monday, May 3, 2021

Rest and Restore

 26 April - 2 May 2021

Last Sunday I went on a walk with my friend Alyssa and forgot to post the picture of us together. Since I didn't take any pictures this week, I thought I'd just add it in right here:

This past week was good. My theme for the week was "Do nothing until you get tired of doing nothing." Well, I'm still not tired of doing nothing, lol. I am exceedingly burnt out from school, so we'll see how long it takes to recover. But I'm grateful I have this time to recoup and recover. As for my week, I'll mention the highlights (since a lot of it was, as I said, spent doing nothing--aka watching Vampire Diaries).

On Monday, I attended a restorative yoga class. I bought a pass so I could go to the recreational center anytime I want this summer (plus I get free admission for ice skating). On Tuesday, I went to a more intense yoga class in the morning, and then had a date that evening. We had dinner and then went ice skating. I tried teaching him how to skate backwards. It was an okay time. I feel like I was a good date, but maybe we just didn't have a lot in common because the conversation felt forced frequently.

I submitted my application to Silver Dish, a Thai food place, but they still haven't called me, so I don't think they want to hire me. 

On Thursday we had cleaning checks, so I spent the majority of the day cleaning our apartment. I must admit, I love a clean apartment. 

I went ice skating on Friday by myself, and after skating around for a while, I was getting tired. I was thinking of leaving early when I saw my friend waving at me through the glass of the rink. She and another friend from our group arrived to skate! I was so excited and stuck around to skate with them, but then I twisted my ankle trying to land a poorly executed toe loop, so I went home soon after that and iced my ankle. It felt better by the evening. I was invited to participate in some night games in the LSB parking lot, and it was really fun (even though I totally wore the wrong shoes for it. It's hard to play zombie tag in flip flops). 

Sunday was actually a good day. I say that because when I woke up and remembered it was fast Sunday, I told myself that it was probably going to be an awful, torturous day, but that was okay. We need days to suck every once in a while so we can better appreciate the good days (literally, it has something to do with how much dopamine our brain releases when we do things we like, and how it's healthy to have a break from that so our tolerance for dopamine doesn't increase, causing things to give us less pleasure than before). That being said, it was a restorative and relaxing day, minus feeling sore from Friday's activities, having a headache from lack of water, and feeling hungry/nauseous). Church was really good. I spoke up a lot in Sunday School. I attended ward choir after and then stayed to practice singing with Lexy for Mother's Day next week. I baked the most delicious chicken I've ever made before in the oven for dinner with this weird side casserole that didn't turn out good. I attended the world wide devotional at a friend's house with a ton of people there. I also made blueberry muffins that evening, then went to Come, Follow Me at Whitney's place. I was SOOO exhausted, I felt like I could fall asleep on their couch. I left around 9:30pm and then got ready for bed and fell asleep.

Much love,

Emily Burnham

No comments:

Post a Comment